Sunday, November 2, 2008

WE MADE IT



Hi everyone, we made it safe and sound to Vietnam and are in our hotel. It has been quite an adventure. We arrived this morning but Teri and I made the mistake of laying down on the bed when we got into the room and fell asleep we were so exhausted. We will be going to the orphanage tomorrow at 2 to get Zachary. The traffic here is insane. We will be getting pics and video of that. On our entire way here from the airport to the hotel, I cannot believe we did not see any accidents. Motorbikes and people constantly running right in front of the van. It was CRAZY. Our hotel room is on the 5th floor right on the street side and there is constant noise and honking but I am already use to it. It was a LONG trip. The longest flight from San Francisco to Hong Kong Teri and I were sandwiched in between 2 guys on the end and it was miserable and of course I barfed my way from Pensacola all the way to Vietnam. After I get Zachary home I will never set foot on another airplane again..haha. The fruit below is called
Dragon Fruit and was waiting for us in our hotel room. I heard it is the best and we cannot wait to cut into it. Gotta go for now, We are going to venture out to the rooftop deck and get something to eat. Love you all and will post more later.
Scott: My cell only gives me promps in Vietnamese and says the numbers I am calling are"not in the directory" could you call 611 on your phone and ask them if I need to enter a code of some type? Oh, and note to ALL I totally agree that when we get back to
Fl. Melissa ahould NEVER get on an airplane again...she was amazing and handled feeling ill much better than I would. Funny, it sounds like we have our windows wide open in a New York hotel...but it's actually just that loud...or more likely our walls that thin :) Well, we're off to our first meal in country...wish us luck! Teri

6 comments:

stephanie said...

Yea!!!! Praise God that you guys made it safe and sound(sort of). I can't believe you are finally in Vietnam. I know there were many days we wondered how we could wait any more for this day to come. Melissa and I spent the night with Mom last night. She has already forgot to feed Midnight. Midnight is not impressed with the level of care she is getting with you gone. She cried for you some last evening but once we all went to bed she settled down.
Mom says to tell you that she is so happy you're there and so sorry you barfed all the way. She also said that you should have taken the dramamine like she told you. I also hear that Michael told you at the airport that the ginger didn't work. She told you so.. We are hoping to get a call from you before we leave for church. If not, we will wait at home for whenever. We love you all so much. You three are in our prayers constantly - especially for getting across the streets safely. I can see Teri stopping traffic until you and Zach pass safely across. Love you guys

stephanie said...

By the way, Mom didn't realize she had to be logged onto Skye to get the call. I saw that she wasn't and logged on and saw that you called. She will stay logged on and we showed her how to know for sure that she was. It shouldn't be a problem to get a call now. Love you

Beckie said...

I'm with Stephanie - I can vividly picture Teri stopping traffic - Vietnam has not idea who they've let in....

Love you both!
Beckie

scott said...

I talked to Kim today and she said you would have to change the Simm card in the phone to get it to work. Go to the local verizon store and see about that. Love you both and call me on Skype when you can. I have it on all the time.

Deana Marie said...

Hey!! This is Deana Marie and I am so very glad that you guys made it there. What a blessing this is!!! I just want you to know that I am in constant prayer for you and this precious baby boy. I know that this gift from God will be nothing but a life adventure for you. I'll see you and your beautfiul child when you come home!!! LOVE YOU

Rod said...

Glad you made it safely. It was wonderful talking to you today. Love you both. Be safe.