Monday, November 3, 2008

ITS OFFICIAL



Hi, its Melissa. Sorry I haven't posted in couple days but I have been just a tad busy. Zach is sitting in my lap trying to help me post. We just got back a little while ago from our Giving and Recveiving Ceremony. It is official. Zachary is my son. It was pretty neat while we were signing paperwork, Teri was there also filming and taking pictures . I glanced over and saw my file there with 3 years of paperwork.I am leaving here at 3 to go aply for his passport and Zach will stay here at the hotel with his aunt teri who he absolutely loves. We took Zach to the restaurant breakfast buffet this morning after we gave him a bottle and some yogurt in the room. He just sat in my lap and chilled the whole time at the restaurant. One of the Vietnamese women who works at the restaurant came up to the table to talk to Zach and one of the first things she asked was if he would be able to go to college. We take so many things for granted in the US. She seemed very pleased when I told her he would. At the Giving and Receiving ceremony, a man waiting in the lobby asked if he was Vietnamese and where I lived. He gave the thumbs up sign. When we were leaving the ceremony, a Vietnamese lady waved and pointed at Zach and was happy for him. Tomorrow we go for his medical exam and thursday we will be going to the Mekong Delta. Friday we will be going on a few sight seeing ventures. We hope to visit a few of the museums I have heard a lot about. We do not get to travel to Hanoi for his visa until Tuesday, so on Sat. and Sun. we will travel to visit the Cu Chi Tunnels (hand dug by Viet Minh and Viet Cong fighters over 23 years of conflict) and the water puppet show. We will have Monday free to attempt local shopping. Tonights big event is his first bath. So far he has had only wash cloth baths with us and bucket baths at the orphanage. We will take lots of photos. I am trying to post photos, but am having a bit of a hard time...I'll keep trying. Zachary is going to grow up thinking his aunt teri has no hands as she seems to constantly have a camcorder or camera at all times, sometimes one in each hand! Hey...finally got one photo up. Will work on sending more in a bit.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I am so beyond excited. Zach is sleeping so peacefully and he looks so content when we see him in your lap. I knew you would slip into mommy role perfectly but you have even exceeded perfect. I am so proud of you Melissa. I am so happy and excited for the years of happiness and adventure you and Zach will bring to each other. God's timing is so perfect. Zach was chosen for you and you for him and every day of waiting was to bring you two together. Teri, you are such a blessing to Melissa and Zach. I know you would tell me you are blessed and you are...but it is so wonderful for you to be there for them and we all thank you with all our hearts. We are trying to get our Skype back up...if not, I will go to mom's tonight. OUr arms are aching to squeeze Zach and can't wait to kiss his whole face. We love you guys with all our hearts

Beckie said...

There's nothing better than a sleeping baby!

Melissa, I'm so glad you know how to do this blogging thing -I'm not very technically savy, so I wouldn't have known where to begin - but your efforts to keep everyone updated are much appreciated!

Love and prayers,
Beckie