Friday, February 20, 2009

Well I have made it thru my 2nd week of work and I must admit things have gone a lot smoother than what I thought it would. Zach is doing great with his grammie . I miss him so much during the day but I take a 15 minute break in the morning and afternoon with him and also I see him during lunch. His little face just lights up when he sees me. It is so precious. I so look forward to my day off on Thursday and the weekends when I can spend all day with him. Yesterday my mom and I had a meeting with Rebuild Northwest Florida where we qualified to get free hurricane shutters and new garage door and roof straps, etc. Anyway, I thought we would basically be going to sign paperwork. We had Zachary with us and when we got there, found out we had to listen to presentation that would describe the work that would be done before we signed paperwork. Yikes. Zachary had already been out all day but he was sooo good. He just looked at the slide show, ate some cheerios and did great. When we were leaving, the director of the program told me that Zach was one of the best behaved children he had ever seen that had come there. Of course I was one proud momma . Well we finally made it back to Church and nursery last Sunday after being away for 3 weeks due to Zach being sick and now it looks like he is getting sick again. He had a temp today of 103 and finally got it down to 100 with some baby motrin. Looks like he is starting to get a runny nose again. Hopefully it does not turn into anything like it was the last time as he was one sick kiddo. I received an update from Children's Hope that there will be a delegation from Vietnam coming to the US in March or April to meet with representatives from Dept of State, Congressional members, agencies and also want to meet with families who have adopted from Vietnam to see how well the children are adjusting with their adoptive families. Vietnam is wanting to learn more about the Hague implementation and to move along the negotiation process toward a new MOU(Memorandum of Understanding). This is wonderful and encouraging news and hopefully Vietnam will open up again soon to adoptions with the US. There were so many children left behind after the shutdown and it is always in the back of my mind that Zach would be one of them if I had not had my official referral by Sept 1, 2008. I believe I received the "official" referral about a week before the shutdown. I thank God everyday for my son and that he is here with me.

Below is a video of Zach saying his first word bye bye.

No comments: