Wednesday, February 11, 2009

TRAPPED

I started back to work this week. It is something I had been dreading for awhile now. The first day was pretty rough. There was alot of crying and feeling anxious but I made it. Zachary did great with his Grammie. I was so relieved. Although it is hard not being with him all the time, I am grateful I can still work from home and spend lunchtime with my little guy. Plus, when the work day ends, I just step into another room and I am with Zach for the rest of the evening. I am so grateful to my mom for wanting to keep Zachary so he does not have to go into daycare. I can never repay her for doing that. I think she actually has a great time with him during the day. My nephew Michael who just adores Zach(the feeling is mutual) came over on my first day back to work to help Grammie. He and Zach had a great time. Michael will make a great father one day. Zachary is feeling a lot better. He finally got rid of his cough and runny nose. We missed church again(3rd Sunday in a row) as Zach was still coughing some and his nose was running. I am afraid we will have to start from scratch again when it comes to getting use to the nursery.


As of now, we are not able to go anywhere in the car. I went to open the garage and it would not open. It looks like a cable snapped or something. I cannot even open it manually. We had some neighbors come look and they could not open it either. Zach had his first year checkup tomorrow morning which I have to cancel as cannot get the car out. Hopefully the garage door man can come early tomorrow so we can get out and do errands later. Otherwise, may have to call my sister to bring us some groceries(haha). Zachary finally is holding his bottle some and will now put food into his mouth himself with a little help. He is growing so fast. We are constantly having to rearrange things as his little arms seem to grow longer each day. What he couldn't reach one day, it seems he can reach the next. He is talking and babbling alot more and for the most part, is a very happy baby. I am so grateful for my son. I posted a couple pics of Zach and his cousin Michael.



Zach and Michael playing

All of a sudden I noticed it got quite. I peeked out of my office and this is what I found. So sweet. They wore each other out.

3 comments:

stephanie said...

Those pictures are so sweet Melissa and you know Michael will want copies. Zachary is going to do just fine because he knows he is loved beyond measure. His mommy is the one to pray for that she can work while he is in the next room having a good time with whoever stops by. Love you guys. Steph

ashleyisthebest said...

ok its not leaving my comments and im getting annoyed
love you!

ashleyisthebest said...

uh! of course now it works after i write that comment! as i was SAYING... i cant believe how big hes gotten! i love reading your blog and seeing all the new pics of zach. i wish i lived closer so i could be part of things like his first haircut and saying "bye bye" but at least i get to read about it on here which is better than nothing! =) i miss you all so much and cant wait to see you!! give zachary a big smooch from me!