Wednesday, May 13, 2009

FIRST MOTHER'S DAY


Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I actually wrote something Mothers day after Zach had gone to bed, only to lose it when I forgot to save it..uugghhh. Anyway, I will try it again. I had a wonderful Mother's Day. The last 2 Mother's Days had been extremely hard for me, especially last year as Vietnam adoptions were coming to a halt. I had actually found out around last Mother's Day that the little girl I had been waiting for almost 3 years for would not come to be. At that time,I was number 8 on the list for a little girl and was told I would not receive a referral in time before the shutdown on Sept 1, 2008. I was devastated. I then had to decide if I wanted to be a mother to a little girl, or if I just wanted to be a mom. Of course the answer is obvious from the picture above and I am the mother to the most wonderful amazing little boy anyone could ever hope for. I truly cannot imagine life without my little guy. My little guy got me the most amazing Mother's Day present(with the help of his Grammie, Aunt Steph, Aunt Teri and Uncle Scott-thank you all). He gave me a beautiful ring with his birthstone in the middle and pink sapphires on the side. It is truly beautiful and I will always have something very special to remember my first Mother's Day. Of course Zach is the most precious Mother's Day gift ever and as I have said before, this little boy will never be taken for granted. Of course the day could not pass without thinking of Zach's birth mother(Nguyen Thi Qui). I actually think of her quite often and I want more than anything for her to know how very much Zach is loved and that he is happy and well cared for. I know she truly loves him and I will always be thankful to her for giving Zach the gift of life, probably knowing all along that another woman would be raising her child. When Zach gets a little older and can understand, I want to include Zach's birth mother somehow in our Mother's Day celebration(planting a tree or flowers in her memory).
Zach is growing so fast. He is now walking all over the place. I am going to post a video hopefully soon for the relatives in Virginia. He finally gave up his bottles last week and we have moved on to the sippy cup..yeah-no more liners, haha. I thought he would never give up those bottles . Since Zach is now walking, he now has to go to another room at Church next week for walkers.I have to admit I am a little nervous about this. He was just really getting use to where he was. Zach had a very rough start and I am hoping we are not going to have to start over again when he goes to a new room. Please everyone say a prayer for him for next Sunday. When I went to pick him up last Sunday I was told Zach was going around taking toys to any of the children that were crying. I was so proud of him.
I posted some pics of the ring and other random pics. My sister and mom took pics of him getting the ring so I could see(thanks guys for doing that).













1 comment:

stephanie said...

He sure is a cutie. He was very interested in picking out his mommy's ring. I think he did a wonderful job. Melissa, we could not be happier to have celebrated this past Mother's Day with you. I was so much more excited about you and sharing Mother's Day with you as a mom. I remember last Mother's Day and my heart ached for you....but now we celebrate and thank our wonderful and amazing God for choosing the precious little boy that is your son. Zachary was just 4 months old when God showed us His plan and you began to think of trucks and footballs instead of dolls. I can't even imagine anything different. We all love him so much and he has all of us wrapped around his little finger. I love seeing the way my grown children are also madly in love with him. He has enriched all of our lives...just as God intended...and He knew Zachary as your son when He created him. Praise God for His perfect and wonderful gifts.
I love you