Sunday, June 21, 2009

First Professional Haircut

Zachary did great getting his first professional haircut. He did not shed a single tear. He even allowed Yen to use the clippers which is the point I thought he would get upset. She had him touch everything before she used it on him which I think helped(the lollipop she gave him also helped I think, haha). Yen is also from Vietnam and has a very moving story of how she escaped and spent several months in the jungle. She eventually made it to a refugee camp where she spent several years before finally coming to the United States. She had known of my plans to adopt from the very beginning and had always said she wanted to cut the baby's hair . Well my sister gave Zach his first couple of haircuts as I just didnt think Zach would go for a stranger cutting his hair plus his Aunt Steph gives great haircuts. I went in to cut my hair and she still wanted to cut his hair so I thought we would give it a try. She refused to let me pay for his haircut and said she will always cut his hair for free.
She is going to return to Vietnam next year to visit her family. She is from Ho Chi Minh(the same place where Zach was born and lived for the first nine months of his life).





Notice the lollipop in his right hand.








No comments: