Monday, January 26, 2009

Chuc Mung Nam Moi!-Happy New Year!

Today is the Vietnamese New Year. It is the year of the ox. Zachary was born in the year of the pig. If Zachary were still living in Vietnam, he would actually be 2 years old as everyone in Vietnam turns a year older on New Years Day instead of on their actual birthday. I am not sure if Zach and I will make it this year for the Tet festivities to celebrate the Vietnamese New Year. He went to the doctor this morning and had 102 fever. They swapped his nose(he screamed the entire time at the doctor office) and they told me later he tested positive for RSV which is a respiratory virus. Poor little guy has been so sick. I can't stand to see him like this. The only thing we did when we got back from the Doctor was to lay on the couch with him sleeping almost the entire afternoon and evening.We also read lots of books in between. Thank you Gloria, Beckie and Steph for the books for his birthday. I think we read each one about 20 times each(ok slight exaggeration but not by much). They came to deliver a breathing machine to my house late this afternoon and as soon as they left, we gave him another breathing treatment which seems to help. He fussed at first but eventually realized it was not going to hurt him and let the mask be on his face as he breathed in the vapors. Going to keep this short as need to get to bed as I know Zach will be up a couple times during the night. Say prayers for Zach please that he gets better soon. I need to see that sweet smile again soon.Zach taking a breathing treatment

No comments: